[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Getting network failure errors when saving large MARC files (EG master, post 2.1)

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Nov 4 14:37:30 EDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:09:06PM -0400, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2011, at 8:42 AM, Galen Charlton wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On 10/28/2011 06:13 PM, Yamil Suarez wrote:
> >>This new patch and the previous one just worked on a few large
> >>records
> >>in my test VM running the EG 2.1 release. I will do more testing on
> >>Monday, but things are looking up. Btw, I suspect I need both patches
> >>and not just the second one?
> >
> >Great, I'm glad to hear that testing has gone well so far.  To
> >answer your question, you need the first patch in place to apply
> >the second one, but it now looks like that the SIGPIPE handling
> >added in the first patch doesn't help the problem.
> >
> >By the way, for anybody else looking at this, the relevant bug on
> >Launchpad is https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/883155.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Galen
> >--
>
> I just wanted to confirm that the fix also worked on a clean Git
> master EG installation on a VirtualBox VM, though it was to be
> expected since the problem was in OSRF and not EG.

Hi Yamil,

JFYI, while testing this patch, Dan Scott identified a problem that
resulted in opensrf services dying.  I've pushed a change to the topic
branch that will hopefully help shed some light on the issue, which I
was unfortunately unable to reproduce. I've updated the bug with more
information.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/883155

-b

--