[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine label printing

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Nov 9 15:25:43 EST 2011

> We are looking at purchasing a spine label printer, and I need to know if Evergreen prints in graphical or text mode.  The test I ran seems to indicate that it is in graphical mode.  Does anyone know where or how to change this to text?

You can try using the DOS/LPT1 or Custom Print strategies for the
label printer role under Admin -> Workstation Administration ->
Printer Settings Editor.  DOS/LPT1 essentially does COPY LABEL.TXT
LPT1 from a Windows command-line, which is about as text mode as you
can get.  There's also a way you can embed arbitrary control codes in
the text for manipulating the printer if you need to.

--
Jason Etheridge