[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Marc 880

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:36:38 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Martha Driscoll <driscoll at noblenet.org> wrote:
> We have CJK in marc 880 fields and I don't know how to make them searchable
> or display in the catalog.  I tried checking the list archives and found
> some related postings saying the 880 isn't indexed by default and something
> about config.xml_transform but I didn't really follow how you index them.
>
> Can anyone help?  I'm running 2.1.0 on a test system.

For searching, ESI built a custom XSLT (attached is the SQL for
wasn't used in production because we went a different way in general,
and it's so special purpose that we didn't submit it for stock
inclusion, but it should give you an idea of what you can do.  Also,
time and tuits permitting, we're planning to bring the MODS 3.4 XSLT
into stock Evergreen, which has provisions for mapping 880s
appropriately.

As for display, you can use BibTemplate (in the stock JS-PAC of 2.1)
to display the 880 for another field.

--
Mike Rylander