[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Brand new to open ILS- questions

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Nov 15 14:44:33 EST 2011

> Not that we have lots of money for hiring someone to do custom programming,
> but if we do suddenly find a pot of gold laying around, we might do a few
> things.

And for some things, you don't need a pot of gold.  There's a lot of
"free" work still going on.  For example, with code I personally
wrote, I'm always inclined to improve things, even if it has to be
done "after hours".  These improvements are more likely to happen if
I'm aware of the desire for them (so, enter tickets into Launchpad
with bug reports and enhancement requests!  If you're not a
programmer, offer your other skills to help make things happen--domain
expertise, testing, documentation, etc.)  By just putting the stuff
out there, you may find others that want to help (with
funding/time/skills/etc.)  Money gets you things folks might not want
to volunteer for, on a timetable.

--
Jason Etheridge