[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Amending example consortium

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Nov 30 14:52:28 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 07:38:56PM +0000, John Hudson wrote:
> John Hudson <gadgetfan.john at ...> wrote:
>
> > Any thoughts about why the following is happening? With Evergreen 2.1.0 and
> > staff client 2.1, I'm trying to rename the branches in the example
> consortium.
> > I make the changes in the client, click SAVE, then go to the server and type
> > the following (from the documentation for 1.6 - this doesn't seem to be in
> 2.1
> > docs at all):
> >
> > /openils/bin/autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
> >
> > This shows the following:
> >
> > /openils/bin/autogen.sh: illegal option -- c
> > I then run /etc/init.d/apache2 restart as root and the server restarts but,
> > when I go back into Evergreen, all my changes have reverted to the defaults.
>
> Can no-one help me on this? I did find something that might describe the
> problem at http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-commits/2011-
> October/015316.html but, from my minimal knowledge of Perl, the "fix" there
> looked as if it had some missing closing brackets. I wasn't sure exactly what
> I was meant to type, or even if Configure.pm becomes an executable script...

http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/install/README_2_1_1.html linked
from the Downloads page, under Starting Evergreen, says to just use
"autogen.sh -u". The script automatically figures out where the
configuration file lives these days.

> I'd be grateful for any clarification as I'm stuck with the example branches
> at the moment.

Have you confirmed that the branch names, etc, were actually changed by
checking the database?

-- This will show you what you currently have
SELECT id, shortname, name FROM actor.org_unit;

And you can change the shortnames / long names via regular SQL:

-- This will change the data for BR1 to NEWNAME / "My long new name"
UPDATE actor.org_unit SET shortname = 'NEWNAME', name = 'My long new
name' WHERE shortname = 'BR1';