[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Problem with yaz, debian-squeeze and Net::Z3950-SimpleServer

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Oct 6 19:24:23 EDT 2011

Trying to install 2.0.10 and have hit an odd problem.

Made it to install the prerequisites and can't do it.

The problems seem to be two. The first is Net::Z3950::SimpleServer won't
install from cpan.  Squeeze doesn't have yaz and libyaz4 doesn't seem to
be compatible.  Although it does install a yaz-config as part of
libyaz4-dev the cpan build process doesn't find it.  Hacked around that
and came up against the build failing to find yaz/facet.h and that file
isn't on the system and dpkg -L libyaz-dev doesn't show it as part of
it.  So how has anyone else managed to install on debian?  I'm assuming
they have so what have I missed?  Should I go find a tarball of an older
yaz and manually build it?  Really hate going outside the package system
if I can help it.

Second problem is BOBTFISH::Class-DBI-Frozen fails because it won't
build without a working postgres server on localhost.  I'm testing a
split database so hadn't installed postgres and the dependencies coded
in Makefile.install didn't catch it.  Oops.  Will install a server long
enough to build it once I get past the more serious problem.