[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EG 2.0 context org group

bfeifarek at q.com bfeifarek at q.com
Wed Oct 19 18:21:55 EDT 2011

Hi Erin,

I believe that you need to enter the org units in the Staff Client through the "Admin" menu (far right hand side), sub menu "Server Administration" -> "Organizational Units".

When I work with this screen, I often find the user interface to not appear to be very responsive.  For example when I see the existing organizational units, and click the "New Child" button, I usually see the screen flash green then red and I do not see any child unit.  I discover the child unit after I click the "Reload" button, and then I need to edit the data that got automatically filled (especially the "Organization Unit Type" which appears to default to the parent's unit type rather than a child type).  The "Save" button does not seem to save edits for me; I can get the edits to save by clicking "Reload" which prompts me that there are unsaved changes, and clicking "Ok" saves them.

However, I believe these edits are not enough to make the organization units show up in the staff client or OPAC (unless something has recently changed in the server).  You need go to the server and run the autogen.sh command to generate web files and update the organization units:

    #as opensrf user
    cd /openils/bin
    ./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u

I hope this helps,
Brian