[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and book groups

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Thu Oct 20 11:23:01 EDT 2011

On the "check out to fake card, then check in before checking out to
someone else" and the issue with transits and holds, checkin should
have a "Suppress Holds and Transits" mode that will prevent holds and
transits from coming into play when doing the checkin/checkout dance.
At least in all the versions I have played with.

Alternatively, when I try and check an item out to a different patron,
I get a "Normal Checkin then Checkout" button on the "you can't do
that, it is already checked out" prompt. Dunno when the system started
doing that.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium