[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fwd: Survey/Interview request on Open Source ILS

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Oct 21 15:41:48 EDT 2011

I don;t see any reference to Evergreen lists so I'm forwarding to the
General and Developers list.  I hope any of you who have been involved with
migrations will respond.

Lori

Here's their message:

Greetings!

The OSS Lib Tech Team <http://www.oss-research.com/> is currently in the
third phase of a multiple year project funded by IMLS comparing the
technical support of Open Source and Proprietary Integrated Library
Systems. We are soliciting participation for an online survey or telephone
interviews from the open source community for the current phase, which will
use the experience of open source software ILS adopters to develop a model
for the evaluation, adoption, implementation, and maintenance of open source
ILS.

The telephone interview consists of several questions about your ILS
migration experience and will take about 30 minutes. We have already
interviewed several librarians over the past few weeks and would like to
hear from your experiences. We are happy to compensate you for your time
with a $25 Amazon gift card. We are especially interested in talking to K-12
school librarians. If you would prefer to fill out a web-based survey, you
may do so at http://oss-research.cci.utk.edu/Phase_3_survey.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in the study or in being
interviewed please forward this email to them or direct them to our site at
http://www.oss-research.com/ where they can find out more about the project.
We are interested in learning about the experiences of libraries of
different types and sizes and are interested in hearing from you even if
your migration to an open source ILS is not complete.

If you are willing to participate, please respond to this email with the
subject phrase "ILS Interview." In the same email please mention:
·         The type of library (public, academic, school, special, etc.) you
represent and
·         The approximate size of your collection.

We really appreciate your time and support and look forward to reporting
back the results from this study! Thanks again to everyone who has already
responded and to the great support of the open source community.

Please direct any queries or suggestions to utk.ils.research at gmail.com with
the subject “ILS Interview” in the subject line.

Cheers,
The OSS Lib Tech Team
Vandana Singh (PI)
Natasha Hollenbach and Vance Walker (RA)
--
Vandana Singh, PhD
Assistant Professor,
Email: vandana at utk.edu