[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Truncating fields in reports

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Oct 27 20:28:04 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 09:03 -0400, Whalen, Liam wrote:

> > I currently truncate long fields like title or author on
> > reports so that it can fit in a nice tabular format.  Can't
> > find a way to do that with the generator.
>
> The tabular form of output that Evergreen uses for its reports is an HTML table, so, as long as you don't have extremely long words, the table will break up long fields into multiple lines.

I'm old school.  If I could find a way to get greenbar fanfold paper
into a laser printer I'd be printing reports on it.  But I ran a test
and the consensus is multiple lines is ok and everyone else liked the
look so I'm outvoted.  Down to one remaining problem.  I have a three
day fudge factor coded in so items wouldn't start popping out on the
report until it is three days overdue.  Can't find a way to do the
equivalent to "AND due_date < (NOW() + '3 days')"

Also interesting that you can't get landscape printouts.  The option is
greyed out when printing anything in the staff client.

And just an observation... Am I the first to notice != is missing from
the list of operators?  IS NOT NULL is there, IS NOT NULL or Blank, Not
between and Not in list are all there but no basic Not Equal.