[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Converting full set of DB/TextWorks fields into Evergreen

Russell McOrmond Russell.McOrmond at canadiana.ca
Mon Oct 31 09:31:31 EDT 2011

   I will soon be acquiring/authoring/etc a tool to convert all fields
from a series of DB/TextWorks managed databases into Evergreen.  Before
I do that I am wondering if anyone else has already done something like
this, and can share ideas on what was done.

   For each DB/TextWorks database field in each database I will be
creating a mapping to an existing or custom Evergreen field.  While I
recognize that our set of fields will be unique, I suspect there are
tools out there that provide good infrastructure for doing this type of
thing.

Thanks.

--
System Administration and software developer,
Canadiana.org   http://www.canadiana.ca