[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Search range in template toolkit

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 9 09:12:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 10:54:38AM -0400, Bill Erickson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 10:17:10AM -0400, Kathy Lussier wrote:
> >    Hi all,
> >

> >    We've been spending some time investigating Template Toolkit and what
> >    work needs to be done before it is ready for implementation in our
> >    networks. I've been keeping up with changes being made to the working
> >    release notes page at
> >
> >    [1]http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev%3Aopac%3Atemplate-t
> >    oolkit%3Arelease_notes and noticed a recent addition regarding the fact
> >    that TPac does not maintain the concept of search range. As this note
> >    was added under"other considerations" instead of "features not yet
> >    implemented," I'm curious if this means there are no current plans to
> >    implement this concept of search range. Is it something we can expect
> >    to see in either the short- or long-range future for TPac?
>
> Hi Kathy,
>
> I added the comment to the "Other Considerations" section mainly
> because the future of search range support was unclear to me and because
> I think its execution bears some discussion.  Of course, the same could
> be said for other items under the Not Yet Implemented list as well.  In
> fact, I'm going to change the wiki page a little to better reflect my
> understanding of the state of affairs.  I'll respond here when I'm done.

Hi,

I've updated the release notes to reflect features that are in the works
(Sponsored) and those that exist in the current OPAC but (to the best
of my knowledge) require community stewardship (Unsponsored).  I've
almost certainly left something out, so if anyone has any
comments/additions/questions/etc, please let us know.

Thanks

-b

--
Bill Erickson