[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing to receipt printer always prompts user to select printer

Rush Austin rush.austin at buncombecounty.org
Fri Sep 9 14:05:32 EDT 2011

Evergreen Staff Client v2.07
XP Pro (SP3)
Star SP512 Line Mode Printer

One of our circ machines, when printing to the receipt printer, always displays the Windows Print Dialog and prompts the user to select the printer.  We've set the Default printer in Windows and I took the following steps in the staff client:

Admin(-) -> Local Administration -> Printer Settings Editor

Had her click the button "Set Default Printer and Print a Test Page"
At the Window print dialog, I had her choose the 'Star Receipt Printer' from the list and hit ok.
A test page was directed to the receipt printer.

Had her try to print a holds receipt.  She is still seeing the extra "choose printer" dialog, but now it is defaulting to the Star printer.

The other circ workstation does not exhibit this behavior (ie- it does not present the choose printer dialog).

Any ideas why this one workstation always prompts to select the printer?

Thanks!

Rush Austin
Systems Analyst
Buncombe County IT