[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Metarecords and copy numbers

Elizabeth Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Sun Sep 11 22:20:33 EDT 2011

Thank, Elaine, this is a helpful explanation.

One of the problems I see with placing hold on metarecords involves the
standard formats.  I like that you can place a single hold on all formats
of Great Expectations (or whatever) or limit the hold to books,
audiobooks, videorecordings, etc.  But Books seems to include Large Print
(a format a lot of people don't like) and the person who wanted the book
on CD may not be able to use the book on cassette, etc.

If a system were using a locally defined index for formats as described in
the search grammar page, would that work for metarecord holds?
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:technical:search_grammar

Also, can anyone tell me whether there are plans to include this feature
in the Template Toolkit skin?

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org