[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Upcoming releases

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:26:27 EDT 2011

Good afternoon all!

The Evergreen Core Team (that is, the committer, security and release
teams) are currently prepping for several new releases.  At the least
will be 2.1.0 and 2.0.10.  Depending on certain details, there may
also be a 1.6.1.9.  As of now, the plan is to cut these releases for
upload on either Monday or Tuesday of next week, October 3rd or 4th.

Why are we letting you know now, rather than at release time as we
usually do?  Good question.  Included in these releases will be
several important security fixes, and we want to make sure that
everyone has time to plan an upgrade as soon as possible, while at the
same time getting these releases out as early as possible to limit
exposure to existing installations.  It is important to note, that to
the best of our knowledge none of the security issues identified for
these upcoming releases have any exploits in the wild, and all of them
would require a non-trivial amount of effort to construct an attack.
**These are precautionary releases.**  But, due to the nature of Open
Source software, as soon as the fixes are available the
vulnerabilities will be visible.

Over the next couple days we will be working to tie up the loose ends
before release, and as we do so there may be more updates as the
details come into sharper focus.

--
Mike Rylander