[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Workaround for EG's current lack of automaticsystem generation of authority records?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Sep 30 12:11:33 EDT 2011

Hello,

George brings up good points. My current system does identify if an
authority record was created by a human or the system. Also we do end
up having to keep an eye on our authority records to do clean up when
necessary to cut down on any noise. Since our alphabetical searching
is based on mostly authority record data (author, subject, etc), it is
in our best interest in our old ILS to keep an eye on our records. I
guess that for the most part the EG OPAC does it searching and
faceting by only looking at that originated in the bib records and not
in data found in authority records? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil