[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Electronic invoicing

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Apr 4 16:16:30 EDT 2012

Hi Mary and all,

Thanks for sending this message to the list. We also are interested in
hearing about the state of electronic invoicing and EDI response files in
general.

Galen's session on EDI at last year's conference left me with the impression
that electronic invoicing is currently available in Evergreen.

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=advocacy:stuff_stuff_an
d_more_stuff.pdf

However, we haven't had success in testing electronic invoices, and I'm not
sure if it's because this functionality is not yet available or if it's
because of a misconfiguration on our part. It would be helpful to know if it
is available or not so that we don't spend more time working on something
that might not be there.

I also would be interested in getting a better understanding of what we
should be seeing with EDI response files. We've had very little luck in
getting any EDI responses. Most times, we get an error message saying "EDI
Translator edi2json failed." The one time we saw an order response message
with a status of "translated," I wasn't sure what we were supposed to do
with it since the response wasn't really in a human-readable format (I've
attached a screenshot of this message). Is this what we should be seeing or
should Evergreen have translated it into something a little more
understandable? Once again, knowing how the system is supposed to function
would help us in determining how much more time we want to spend getting
this to work.

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might be able to provide!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
(508) 755-3721 (fax)