[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Server Requirements for Demo

Hollenbach, Natasha Moulton nhollenb at utk.edu
Tue Apr 17 15:28:49 EDT 2012

Hi everyone.  I'm helping a four library consortium set up a demo site for Evergreen.  What I'm trying to find out is what the requirements are for the server?

All I could find was this, which is extremely vague:

Evergreen Server System Requirements

There is a lot of variance here, depending on expected load/use, the size of your data, the performance you require, and the amount of redundancy/availability/failover you want.  The entire Evergreen server can run in a 1GB virtual image.  It can also be spread out across multiple servers, with different requirements for different components.  It requires some flavor of Linnus, though may possibly run on other POSIX systems.

Supported Linux Distributions

Database Requirements

Typical "Brick" for an Evergreen Cluster

Apache

Ejabberd

Evergreen/OpenSRF Services

Thanks!