[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Server Requirements for Demo

Justin Hopkins justin at mobiusconsortium.org
Tue Apr 17 17:28:23 EDT 2012

I've been using that image on EC2 recently, so I thought I'd add what I've learned so far:

* A 'small' instance is just barely enough to run it. It's *very* slow.
* opensrf services do not start up well. I need to log in each time I start the instance and run osrf_ctl.sh -l  -a stop_all/ osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
* Since it's Ubuntu, root user login via ssh is turned off by default. You'll need to login as 'ubuntu' and then sudo su - opensrf
* By default, access will be blocked by the security settings on your EC2 instance. You'll want to create a new security group before you create your instance that allows port 22, 80, and 443 then create your instance with that security group.

I haven't tried launching a larger instance with this image, but I suspect it would be worth doing.

Edit: I am booting up a larger instance right now. I appreciate your work on this Brian - it's obviously a very helpful tool for quickly deploying a test environment.

Cheers,
Justin