[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Any one else having these issues with EG 2.2 beta2 authority related features?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Apr 23 16:05:14 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I have been doing some authority related tests of  EG 2.2 beta2 on my
own local server and the Indiana test server, and I have noticed some
authority related issues. I was wondering if others had seen these
same issues.

1) I can't seem to batch import authority records with Vandelay. For
my tests I am not using "match sets" or "overlay profiles". I am just
clicking on "import non-matching records". This works fine for bib
record imports, but nothing happens when I click "upload" when using
auth records. I am thinking of submitting this as a bug for beta2.

BTW, I do get this error on the JS console when I click upload....

----------------
Error: Method error: undefined :  *** Call to
[open-ils.vandelay.authority_queue.create] failed for session
[0.9289250462796181335209562004], thread trace [2]:
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/OpenILS/Application/Vandelay.pm line 113.

Source File: http://10.4.45.5/js/dojo/dojo/dojo.js
Line: 188
-----------------

2) I am also having issues with merging authority records defined by a
authority custom control set. I wonder if others that have authority
custom control sets are having this issue?

Here the ESI documentation for authority control sets:
http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/docs/?p=771

Here is my bug for this issue:

"bib data goes missing after merging custom/local authority records"

3) I am also having display issues with corporate names (bib tag
110/710) within the EG client's MARC edit view's context menus when
trying to quickly create a new authority record based on a bib tag
text. Normally, when right clicking a 1xx/7xx tag in the MARC edit a
context menu will suggest similarly spelled pre-existing authority
records. The issue I am having is that this does not happen if I right
click a 110 or 710 bib tag. Though if I right click on a 100 or 700
tag the context menu always lists similarly spelled pre-existing
authority records. I first reported this issue back in November, but
that was on a server that at the time was using master. Though it did
not happen on a 2.1 official release test server back then.

Here is the original letter:
http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/thread/xs4cqm7njpzzzkup

Is this affecting anyone out there? I am thinking of also submitting
this as a bug for beta2.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Yamil