[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about circulation message

John R. Clark berek at tds.net
Mon Apr 23 16:32:32 EDT 2012

Not sure,
Here's a response I got almost immediately and sent on to Nancy. I did
notice that both item examples she sent me were in the stacks location.
I don't know if she has started moving stuff from the generic stacks
location to the ones created for Penquis of not. We migrated all of ours
over, not because we were having this issue, but because we wanted more
accurate circulation stats. Anyhow here's the reply-John

John,

I am not sure what staff are doing when the message comes up but if they are trying to check out the item, then that item is marked "no" for circulate somewhere.  It could be the item itself, or it could be the shelving location.  I would check those 2 things first.

If the message is coming up when they are trying to trap a hold, it means the copy they are trying to trap will not work, they need to pull the exact barcode to fill the hold. I know sometimes you have more than one copy of an item and the one with the exact barcode is the one that is needed to fill the hold.

If these suggestions don't help, I might be able to come up with something else if I knew exactly what staff were doing when they get this message.

Thanks,

Dawn Dale
PINES Helpdesk Manager
Georgia Public Library Service