[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Recording of "Update from Evergreen Oversight Board" and "Update from Developers"

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Apr 30 15:37:01 EDT 2012

Hi folks:

Those of you who made it to Saturday's early-morning update sessions
may or may not have noticed the small black ball with the glowing red
light on one of the front tables near the projector. That was my
microphone, set up to capture the audio from the "update" sessions in
the morning.

I did make an announcement at the start of the "Update from the
Evergreen Oversight Board" meeting that the sessions were being
recorded, but there were many people who filed in after that point in
time who might not have been aware that the session was being recorded.
And, as the visioning exercise that Lori led went on, it's quite
possible that people would have forgotten about the ongoing recording.

So - while I would like to make the recordings available so that those
who weren't there would be able to catch up, I'm hesitant to release the
visioning exercise / discussion section of the Oversight Board meeting
because I don't think we have explicit consent from everyone who
participated.

Therefore, I'm proposing that I upload the two "update" sessions, sans
the intermediate discussion section.

Can I get a +1/-1 on that?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. A takeaway for future conferences might be that we should have a
"sessions might be recorded with audio and/or video" blanket notice &
posted signage?