[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Action triggers

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Aug 3 13:18:51 EDT 2012

The http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:action_trigger page seems to describe how the process works and what the fields in the client mean when setting up action triggers. From that page and other documentation I gather that active triggers happen automatically and passive triggers need a cron job. Ok.

My question is still whether or not http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/ProcessingActionTriggers.html is relevant in current versions, or if this process has been replaced with other better ways of doing this.  Is it a problem of missing documentation for this section in 2.1 and 2.2?  Or was the section removed from documentation because the feature is obsolete or no longer needed or not recommended?

If you are a sysadmin, are you using action_trigger_runner.pl or what other scripts as cron jobs for things like overdues, etc.?

Thanks.