[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing in Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Aug 7 16:14:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 12:53:48PM -0700, Christine Campbell wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I know this topic has come up recently, so I'm hoping folks will have an
> interest in my question.
>
> Has anyone had success with the Dymo 450 printing directly from Evergreen
> without using Microsoft Word or any other software?

Yes, the Dymo 450 (and our much older Dymo 330s) work fine directly from
Evergreen, although after the last upgrade to Evergreen 2.3.0-beta1 we
had to run through the Admin -> Workstation Administration -> Printer
Settings Editor and ensure that we were pointing at the appropriate
Default printer with the appropriate Page Settings (margins of 0, no
headers/footers).

> And if you have, are you able to set the Dymo to use fonts besides
> Evergreen's default Courier?

Hmm, need to check what happened after this most recent upgrade. For a
long time we had hard-coded the font and maintained that as a patch for
our consortium, but there are library settings (under Admin -> Local
Administration -> Library Settings Editor) for this very purpose...