[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Require password change on first OPAC login

Turner, Jennifer M jennifer.turner at mnsu.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:11:41 EDT 2012

Thanks to the friendly folks on IRC that steered me towards this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1013786!

Jenny

From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Turner, Jennifer M
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:29 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group (open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org)
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Require password change on first OPAC login

Hi folks,

I just became aware of what looks like a functionality change between 1.6 and 2.2.  When we went live with our first Evergreen library on 1.6, patrons were required to change their passwords the first time they logged in to the OPAC.  It looks like this is no longer the case; I've tested with new and newly migrated patrons in 2.2.

The 1.6 documentation for the OPAC states, "Patrons are given temporary passwords when new accounts are created, or forgotten passwords are reset by staff. Patrons MUST change their password to something more secure when they login or for [sic] the first time. Once the password is updated, they will not have to repeat this process for subsequent logins." (http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/MyAccount.html).
The documentation for this section has not been updated for the 2.x series.

Is there a setting somewhere that we could turn on to re-enable this feature?  I've dug through the in-client administrative settings, but haven't found any likely candidates.  We would like to force our newly migrated library's patrons to change their passwords from the defaults set during conversion.

Thanks!
Jenny

Jennifer Turner | PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities | 507-389-2000