[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] permissions and editing patron records

Erik Stevens technology at haineslibrary.org
Fri Aug 17 14:47:55 EDT 2012

Hi Evergreen Community,

I have a noobish question/problem about permissions that I'm sure has an
easy answer:

We have a Volunteer login for the staff client that is limited in its
permissions. One thing it currently cannot do is edit patron info using the
Edit tab in the patron record pages.

We are trying to allow this account to save edits to patron records but I
cannot seem to make this work (the save buttons are disabled). I have tried
giving the account the CREATE_USER and UPDATE_USER permissions, with the
editing permission level set to staff or patron-level (and then running
autogen), but this doesn't do it. The volunteer account can only save
changes to its own patron record, not anyone else's.

What am I missing here? What has to be enabled to allow saving changes to
other patron records? We are running Evergreen 2.1.

Many Thanks,

--
Erik Stevens
Technology Coordinator