[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] permissions and editing patron records

Erik Stevens technology at haineslibrary.org
Mon Aug 20 13:51:57 EDT 2012

Thanks Lindsay,

The volunteer user does show the CREATE_USER and UPDATE_USER permissions in
the user permission editor, and the org unit setting for each is set to the
local library. I also tried setting the permissions to be at consortium
depth. Still no luck.

 I feel like the fact that I put the Volunteer permission group as a child
of the Patron permission group may have something to do with it. I do not
want to put it under the Staff group because that parent already has more
permissions than we would like volunteers to have.

I'm going to try to re-creating the group under the parent of Users and see
if that makes a difference.