[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: permissions and editing patron records

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon Aug 20 14:15:01 EDT 2012

Hi Erik,

I think what Thomas was trying to say in his reply is that you need to
grant the associated user permission to the staff patron group you're
setting up.

So for example, 'group_application.user.patron' is the name of the
'application_perm' for the default 'Patrons' group.  So that means you
have to give 'group_application.user.patron' as a permission to the
Volunteer staff group you're creating to allow them to edit patrons
associated with the 'Patrons' group.  If you have any other groups they
need to be able to edit, you'd need to check the application_perm for
those other groups.

We use this extensively in our consortium with additional custom
application_perms to restrict editing between various staff groups, etc.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator