[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: permissions and editing patron records

Erik Stevens technology at haineslibrary.org
Tue Aug 21 17:44:57 EDT 2012

AHA!

Thanks Ben. That did it! Adding  'group_application.user'  as a permission
was needed, in addition to the  'group_application.user.patron' permission.

Also, I think the critical leap in my understanding here was that the
Editing Permission field on the first tab of the Permission Groups page
does not mean "at what level can this user edit other records", but it
actually means, "other users can edit this user's stuff if they have
permission to edit this level". Perhaps something along those lines could
be included in some documentation about permissions somewhere?

Cheers all!

Library Systems Engineer
Haines Borough Public Library