[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] valid address?

Debbie Hensler hensler at hslc.org
Mon Aug 27 16:43:45 EDT 2012

I'm looking for some help on how the Valid Address? box works in the
patron record. We're running 2.1 and what I've found is:

"Valid - this should be unmarked if at a later time the address is no
longer valid. This will not disable the account but it will stop
mailings."
(http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:patron_registration_and_maintenance&s[]=valid&s[]=address)

"System automatically blocks /unblocks a patron when an address is
marked invalid/valid."
(http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=feature_list_2_0&s[]=valid&s[]=address)

One of our libraries reported that they unchecked the "Valid Address?"
box but a print notice was generated.

Any help on the expected behavior regarding blocking and print notices
after the Valid Address? box is unchecked will be appreciated!

Many thanks,
Debbie
**

--