[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Client 2.3.0 grabbing and not releasing memory

Joe knuevejo at oplin.org
Mon Dec 3 12:56:38 EST 2012

Good day everybody.

We are in the same consortium as Bob, and running 2.3.1 client.
We have been open to the public for about 2 3/4 hours today, and our
primary circ computers are showing 542,750k memory usage and 641,500k
respectively on a moderately busy morning.
My staff are not complaining about slowness, but they're using i3
systems with 4GB of DDR3 and Win7 Pro.  So nearly new computers, and all
they are using them for most of the time is Evergreen and three or four
firefox tabs...

I will bear this in mind though, because my staff had mentioned
something about slowness a few weeks ago, but I assumed it was gremlins
or a couple of people downloading ISOs on our public computers at the
time..

So perhaps many others are getting the same results, but just don't
notice it often enough for it to be an issue...?

Thanks.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director