[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] All Search Results are not showing in TPAC

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Dec 4 02:03:07 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:10:01AM +0530, Jayaraj JR wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We are using Evergreen 2.2.2. While searching using a keyword through JSPAC
> will display correct results. When the same search is made using TPAC, it
> will also show the same number of results.
>
> But the details of the results are displayed incorrectly.
>
> For example We made a search using the keyword ' Biology'. It gives  335
> results in both TPAC and JSPAC. In TPAC the first results page will display
> one result ( it is suppose to show 10 results per page ) even though it is
> showing *Search Results Results 1 - 10 of 335 )*. When browsing the second
> and later pages  it shows 'Sorry, no entries were found for your search '
>
>  Kindly instruct us what to do

Chances are that many of your bibliographic records are missing a 901 field
with subfield 'c' identifying the record ID. There are probably error
messages in the logs that mention this. If so, then you need to reingest
your records to ensure that they have 901 'c' field/subfield combos.

See http://goo.gl/s0QPQ for a chunk of the 2.1-2.2 upgrade script that
was recently added to try and flag this issue and help sites reingest
the records.