[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Mass import -Item import Attributes

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Mon Dec 10 10:13:37 EST 2012

Hi Chris,

I've attached a screenshot of two import item attribute profiles used in
one of our live systems. I'll also add these examples to the
documentation since working examples could be quite useful here.

The

[@code="b"][2]

bit means that the shortname for the circulating library can be found in the second instance of a subfield b. Looking at the stock 852 tag item attributes, you'll see that there is a [@code="b"][1] for owning library and the [@code="b"][2] for circulating library. In that case, the corresponding MARC record may have:

852 1‡a9012 ‡b SYS1 ‡bBR1 ‡hFIC Pik ‡p39012000201485  ‡9p10.99usd

to identify SYS1 as the call number owner and BR1 as the copy owner. In our case, we always use the same org unit as the owning library and circulation library and, therefore, just add one subfield to the owning library and circulation library columns.

The stock profile also has fields like [@code = "x" and text() = "reference"]. This means you need to add "reference" to subfield x to mark the copy as reference.

I hope this helps!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier