[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] TPAC 2.3 Advanced Search Filters--any thoughts?

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Mon Dec 10 22:38:36 EST 2012

Hi Tony,

Re: 1)  No, the search label is shared by everybody globally, so if you
add one for one value, it'll show that way for everybody in the consortium.

Re: 2)  I don't have as much experience in the staff client (since I
tend more towards direct database editing), but in my client, I can see
if I choose "Type" from the filter dropdown on "Record Attribute Type" I
can see various item types.  Then I can change any of the entries by
double clicking on the row.  For example, if I hit on "Language
Material" (or type a), I can see we changed the "Search Label" to read
as "Book".  This reflects all the modifications we made to our
search_labels for numerous attribute types.  I would click through many
of them to see what's available and whether you want to mark any opac
visible = false too (for example, we hid many of the unused language
filters in ours).

Hope that helps slightly.  Feel free to ask more questions about it
since I don't believe these are fully documented anywhere yet.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator