[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Link to Novelist

Chauncey Montgomery montgoc1 at oplin.org
Thu Dec 13 14:02:32 EST 2012

For anyone who may be interested, I was able to make a link in our TPAC
catalog to Novelist by adding the following link in awards.tt2:

<a
href="http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,cookie,cpid&custid=CUSTID&site=novelist-live&scope=site&direct=true&bquery=IB+[%
attrs.isbn_clean | html %]">Connect to title in Novelist.</a>

We don't have it on our production server yet, but it is working on our
demo server at http://sunbury-training.cool-cat.org.  I need to adjust
the URL to go through the proxy, then we'll move it to the production
server.

It isn't the most glamorous approach, but it does allow us to connect
users with information in Novelist, using our basic Novelist subscription.

Enjoy.
CM