[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] JSPAC removal blockers, what and which are they?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:21:36 EST 2012

Well, do don't really know, exactly.  But, thanks to Kathy Lussier and Ben
Shum, we learned at the dev IRC meeting this week that we have a good
starting point.  It lives at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:opac:template-toolkit:plan#jspac_features_missing_from_tpacand
each feature now has a Launch Pad bug.

Removal of the JSPAC from Evergreen has been planned for 2.4. In order to
decide whether and when we can actually perform that removal we need to be
sure that the TPAC has all the capabilities that the community in general,
but in particular those still using the JSPAC, has designated as absolutely
necessary in order to facilitate all users switching from JSPAC to TPAC.

What we need from everyone that can spare a few minutes are data and
opinions, and the best way to offer both is on the Launch Pad bugs linked
from the above wiki page.  Please take a moment to scan that list of JSPAC
features not yet in the TPAC, find the one that looks important or
interesting to you and your institution, follow the link to the LP bug and
leave a comment after having read the description and any previous
comments.  Even if your comment is, "we don't care about this feature and
are planning to move to TPAC with or without it," that is important
information to have.

If each institution currently using JSPAC takes a look at this list and
addresses one feature each day, we should have exactly the information we
need to in order to plan the removal -- or stop the plan -- by mid January.

Thanks, folks.

Questions, comments or concerns?

--
Mike Rylander