[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Academic bibliographic reserves

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Dec 21 10:49:16 EST 2012

Hi Don,

We have been using Syrup for our academic reserves. It was developed by
the great folks at the University of Windsor in Ontario (Art Rhyno and
Graham Fawcett) and can be configured to be tightly integrated with
Evergreen. From Syrup, you can search the Evergreen catalog to add items
to a reserve list and make updates to the copies in Evergreen to change
circ modifiers, call numbers and copy locations. Syrup will remember the
copy's previous parameters so that you can easily revert the parameters
when an item is taken off the reserves shelf. Several of our academics
have reported that they are very pleased with this solution. Also, Art,
is super helpful if you have any questions or come across any problems.

The code for Syrup is available in the Evergreen git repository at
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Syrup.git;a=summary. I believe there is
some documentation in that git branch as well.

If you're interested in taking a look at it, feel free to contact me
with any questions.

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator
klussier at masslnc.org