[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Ripping slony out for replication

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Dec 21 16:47:47 EST 2012

On 12/21/2012 01:44 PM, Justin Hopkins wrote:

> Streaming replication replicates schema changes, which iirc, Slony does
> not. That could be bloat as well, but I find it pretty useful.

That's the point. Using Streaming Replication/Hot Standby pretty much
gives you almost zero thought replication. If you need to add a table,
drop a table, add an index, whatever... you just do it and it shows up
everywhere.

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579