No subject

Fri Dec 14 15:48:43 EST 2012

locked to feature updates.  Only bug fixes, performance enhancements and
translation updates (and related) will be allowed in.

If you have a topic branch that contains code that might be considered
either a bug fix or a new feature, depending on which way you tilt your
head, it's fine to bring it up for discussion -- feel free to respond here,
even.  However, be warned that if there are schema changes involved it will
look, to me, much more like a feature than a fix.  The fewer database
changes we can manage between now and GA release the better for all.

Thanks, all, for all the hard work on what is becoming Evergreen 2.4.  As I
said in my alpha release email, I'm very excited about 2.4 -- it's going to
be a release of improvements on many fronts, and is the result of solid
effort from a great many individuals.

--
Mike Rylander
 | Director of Research and Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  miker at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

--f46d0444ee13f1331d04d7fb13b1

riable, push that back to master, update translations in master, and then c=
reate a beta release branch.<div>

 master branch of Evergreen will be locked to feature updates. =A0Only bug =
fixes, performance enhancements and translation updates (and related) will =
be allowed in.</div>

de that might be considered either a bug fix or a new feature, depending on=
 which way you tilt your head, it&#39;s fine to bring it up for discussion =
-- feel free to respond here, even. =A0However, be warned that if there are=
 schema changes involved it will look, to me, much more like a feature than=
 a fix. =A0The fewer database changes we can manage between now and GA rele=
ase the better for all.</div>

is becoming Evergreen 2.4. =A0As I said in my alpha release email, I&#39;m =
very excited about 2.4 -- it&#39;s going to be a release of improvements on=
 many fronts, and is the result of solid effort from a great many individua=
ls.</div>

Development<br>=A0| Equinox Software, Inc. / Your Library&#39;s Guide to Op=
en Source<br>=A0| phone:=A0 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)<br>=A0| email:=A0 <a =
href=3D"mailto:miker at esilibrary.com" target=3D"_blank">miker at esilibrary.com=
</a><br>

=A0| web:=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.esilibrary.com" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/www.esilibrary.com</a>