No subject

Fri Dec 14 15:48:43 EST 2012

software, though proprietary software can have its own challenges.
Any type of change can be hard for folks.  In the past, there would be
a lot of "FUD" cast against open source software, and there may still
be pockets of that.  These days, in my opinion, open source is
ubiquitous, though often used behind the scenes.  Even proprietary
vendors often use open source tools and components, like Linux, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Apache, Perl, etc.  They benefit from the open communities
behind these, and libraries can benefit from having this same openness
be higher in their technology "stack".

Can anyone think of anything else we should tell Kylie?

--=20
Jason Etheridge