[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about installing Evergreen.

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 04:28:01 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM, 윤현탁 <dhtmxh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I`m trying to install Evergreen, but i can`t...
> I read following manual : http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/install/README_2_1_1.html.
> But an error occured at 'starting Evergreen'. When I typed 'autogen.sh -u', message that not connected in network when updaing orgtree process.
> I tried troubleshooting process, but they says everything is okay.
>
> I attach screenshot. Please help me.

Hi,
The steps I follow when this happens to me, and it has happened a lot,
so it is not a huge issue, really.
1, Did you get a good test when you installed opensrf?
If not, you needed to test that first.
This is the opensrf install notes:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:2.0:install
are you 100% positive you named and passworded the opensrf and router
users for ejabberd the same as you put into

/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml

If you are 100% sure of that piece, start with becoming the root user
and restart ejabberd
/etc/init.d/ejabberd restart
then test ejabberd to make sure it is running on the port you expect
# ejabberdctl status
if it is running right and not lost,
restart memcached
/etc/init.d/memcached restart
Now su opensrf and start opensrf

osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
This presumes your database is local

Start srfsh and try calling the add method on the OpenSRF math service:

/openils/bin/srfsh
srfsh#  request opensrf.math add 2 2
if you get an answer like:

received Data: 4

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.007519
------------------------------------
srfsh#

If this works, then you can try and start your evergreen application.
You have proved the basic system is communicating properly.
if it doesn't work, you can check what did start by using ps and grep:
ps aux | grep -i router
you should see at least 2 processes (in addition to 'ps')in the output
including the word "router"
ps aux | grep -i cstore
These are the C language processes
ps aux | grep -i perl
there will be a lot of perl processes.  The list of these processes
are in the /openils/conf/opensrf.xml file.

If they are not there, you will have to look at the log files in
/openils/var/log
          Fix what it says are broken.

Become root again and restart apache

run autogen.sh again.