[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hello there :)

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Feb 1 14:23:43 EST 2012

On 2 February 2012 08:17, Anoop Atre <anoop.atre at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> I wonder how often folks on the Koha list suggest Evergreen to people asking
> questions about Koha. Not that there is anything wrong with Koha, I've
> actually 'somewhat' helped install it on occasion, but if we want Evergreen
> to grow it's user base we better focus on helping new users/answering their
> questions and not direct them to other options. This is just a personal
> opinion and like I said not intended to start any flame-war with Koha people
> who of course are awesome!

It actually happens quite a bit. But yes this is the Evergreen list so
talking about Evergreen makes sense, I only popped up to correct
obviously wrong statements about Koha, which have now become public
record, which, I'm sure you can understand, is needful.

Evergreen people are of course awesome too, I personally don't care
what ILS people use as long as its Free Software :)

Chris