[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Media booking as a stand alone system?

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Wed Feb 1 16:07:52 EST 2012

Hello, All.

Back in 2007 we toyed with evergreen as a potential 'backup' for our
Voyager ILS. Performance issues, time, and politics prevented that from
happening.

Maybe I'm just an evergreen dilettante, but I read last week's posts
about media booking, and am now considering installing evergreen just
for the media booking and tracking functionality.

Anyone have thoughts about the efficacy of such a solution? We have
about 5,000 files (dvd, vcr, etc) to load and track. I must confess, I
have not really thought this through, or researched it, so if I'm way
off base, I don't mind being told!

don (but it does seem like a cool idea)