[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] bookings module - media bookings

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 1 18:21:25 EST 2012

No problem Tara,

I can see why one would get that error message when trying to checkout
something that should be waiting to be picked up.

I also see where the booking code limits what you get shown to pickup
such that if something's not picked up on the first day of its
reservation, it doesn't remain on the pickup list and it becomes hard to
do anything with it.  That much I can treat as a bug and fix.

Here's the developers' bug report, with a link to code that should fix
the problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/925169.  This fix
should be included in all future releases.

I encourage everyone who has spoken up about what new features or
changes they'd like to see in the Booking module to keep talking!  A
consensus list of desired work would be helpful to any future
development effort.  Consider reaching out to Cynthia Williamson and
Robert Soulliere of Mohawk College, who pioneered the existing work
where there was no booking module before, (I recall their names, but I
hope I'm not leaving out anybody else!).

Lebbeous

--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley