[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Series indexing and facet implications

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:01:24 EST 2012

So, in light of the complexities highlighted by both of you, I'd
actually suggest another route.  Create an XSLT that does the heavy
lifting of series title normalization, add that to
config.xml_transform, and use that (in the same way mods32 is used
today) to get the part you need.  That's more work up front, perhaps,
but much less of a headache long term, because XLST is (obviously)
much more powerful and expressive than simple XPath.

--miker

--
Mike Rylander