[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay 2.2. question

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Mon Feb 6 15:45:42 EST 2012

Hi all,

We've just installed Evergreen 2.2 on a test server, and I'm starting to
look at Vandelay's new features. The first problem I'm running into is
trying to set up a Record Match set using tag 001 as a match point. Tag 001
has no subfields, but the Working Match Point won't allow me to add a tag
without a subfield. I've thought about using the OCLC number from tag 035,
but that number has no "ocn" or "ocm" prefix, and I expect that may cause a
problem if we hit some other system control number in that field. Similarly,
I'd like to include values from tag 019 subfield a (Obsolete OCLC number) as
a match point, but the presence/absence of the prefixes in those numbers may
cause a problem, too.

Any advice out there?

Thanks,

Mary