[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] About using Evergreen on VMware

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Feb 7 08:41:59 EST 2012

Quoting ??? <dhtmxh at gmail.com>:

> Can I use evergreen 2.1.1 by using VMware?

Yes. If you can get your VMWare image running and talking to the
Internet, then you should be able to install Evergreen on it with no
problems.

I install Evergreen on VMs all the time, though not specifically
VMWare. I use Ubuntu for the host OS and for the OS on the VM.

> I failed install evergreen on and on...

Apart from the fact that Evergreen will not install on Windows, I'd
suggest you send emails to the open-ils-dev list with the specific
problems and errors you encounter. You could also ask in the
#evergreen channel on irc.freenode.net. However, I'm guessing you are
in Asia from the timestamp on your email, so the mailing list may be a
better choice for you.

HtH,
Jason

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services