[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay 2.2. question

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Tue Feb 7 18:12:17 EST 2012

Hi Mary,

I've been testing Vandelay and find it very slow. It takes 5-10 minutes to process files of 6 or 12 records and 2-5 minutes to load the records. My attempt to load a file of 500 records just died in the processing phase. I am matching on 035, 020, and 010. It turns out the file of 500 records had no match-points for records in our database.

How does this compare with what you are seeing?

Also, how do you get the OCLC numbers into the 001 field? Did you do this during migration. I load 1,000s of EBrary records where the only numerical match-point is the EBrary control number in the 001 field and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Currently our EG 001 field is the TCN.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader
C/W MARS Inc.