[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Vandelay 2.2. question

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 8 10:40:17 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:33:21AM -0500, Dan Scott wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Mary Llewellyn <mllewell at biblio.org> wrote:
> > Hi Janet,
> >
> > Yes, the loader is slow and not very robust in terms of how big a bib file
> > you can load through Vandelay. I tried a big file yesterday, and it choked
> > at the 1000 record mark. When we got things started again, the queue was
> > empty.
>
> Well, there's slow and then there's slow. 5-10 minutes to process 6
> records is insanely slow.
>
> I strongly suspect there are indexes missing on the CWMARS database.
> What version of Evergreen is CWMARS running?

This got me thinking, too.  I tried a test on my system (4-core/4G) and
was able to load and import 1000 (smallish) records in 7 minutes into a
database with minimal data in Evergreen 2.2.  Granted, these are ideal
conditions, but, as Dan suggested, the difference in speed should not be
that big.

-b

--
Bill Erickson