[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Getting Apache error during EG installation: No apache MPM package installed

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Fri Feb 10 15:57:08 EST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Dan Scott wrote:
> This bit from your log:
>
> """
>  apache2-mpm-prefork: Depends: apache2.2-common (= 2.2.16-6+squeeze4)
> but 2.2.16-6+squeeze6 is to be installed.
>                       Depends: apache2.2-bin (= 2.2.16-6+squeeze4)
> but 2.2.16-6+squeeze6 is to be installed.
>  apache2: Depends: apache2.2-common (= 2.2.16-6+squeeze4) but
> 2.2.16-6+squeeze6 is to be installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>     Remove the following packages:
> 1)     apache2
> 2)     apache2-mpm-prefork
> 3)     libapache2-mod-perl2
> 4)     libapache2-reload-perl
> """
>
> suggests maybe you need to run "aptitude update" to get your packages
> in sync. http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=apache2-mpm-
> prefork
> says you should be getting 2.2.16-6+squeeze6.

Thank you so much Dan, I should have found that error on my own.

So I ran...

aptitude remove apache2
aptitude remove apache2-mpm-prefork
aptitude remove libapache2-mod-perl2
aptitude remove libapache2-reload-perl

aptitude update

aptitude install apache2
aptitude install apache2-mpm-prefork
aptitude install libapache2-mod-perl2
aptitude install libapache2-reload-perl

Then I believe I got an error that was related to an Apache Perl
module when I then tried to restart Apache, sadly my finger slipped
and I closed the terminal window that had the error. I have a back
copy up of the broken VM that I use to re-try your suggestions again
later today or Monday morning.

Thanks again for your help, I had seen this error during previous
installations, and I now have a better idea how to spot the errors and
how to try to fix them.

Have a good weekend,
Yamil